We now enter our third Advent week for 2017. Let’s pause to worship this God who is bringing the fullness of His Kingdom with Him when He comes. On that day, it will feel like this world we lived in had been merely a dream. Let’s praise Him today.
Psalm 126:1 Common English Bible (CEB)
When the Lord changed Zion’s circumstances for the better,
it was like we had been dreaming.
- When you consider your deepest longing you have identified these last two weeks, if this longing is fulfilled, how will it bring God’s Kingdom?
- What are the things you do that block or deny this longing from being fulfilled?
We will keep these two questions in mind as we journey through this third week. Return to them often and listen for God’s voice.
Instead of a devotional meditation this week, let’s begin our third week by simply soaking in these scriptures. Notice how these disparate passages resoundingly point to this coming new King. Consider returning to these scriptures and reading through them meditatively many times today to prepare your heart for the week ahead. Let’s allow God’s word to guide us.
- What themes do you notice as you read these texts together?
- Are there places of intersection you feel with your own life?
- What invitation might God be issuing for you in this upcoming week?
Pray that God would give you one person to bring good news to this week.
A Closing Prayer
I pray that you would enliven your Word in my heart. Lord speak to me as I meditate on your counsel during the morning, afternoon and evening this day.
- This evening, continue again to worship through Psalm 80:3 as a personal prayer. Return to this often over this Advent season.
- You might consider starting your day tomorrow morning prayerfully reading through these scriptures again and asking God to bring them to your mind often this week.
Scriptures from Our Advent Series
Texts for First Advent Week:?Isaiah 64:1-9; 1 Corinthians 1:3-9; Mark 13:24-37; Psalm 80:1-7, 16-18
Texts for Second Advent Week: Isaiah 40:1-11; 2 Peter 3:8-15a; Psalm 85:1-2, 8-13; Mark 1:1-8
Texts for Third Advent Week: Isaiah 61:1-4, 8-11; Psalm 126; Luke 1:46b-55; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-24; John 1:6-8, 19-28