Benefit from a seasoned training process that has matured for nearly 30 years.
The Journey was created in the United States nearly thirty years ago and has now grown to be an international training organization. The goal of Journey Companions Rwanda is to refresh and inspire leaders who:
- Listen to God
- Follow Jesus rhythms of life
- Lead from the overflow
Journey Companions Rwanda retreats are held at Serenity Gardens and provide time in prayer, solitude, scripture and reflection, away from the non-stop demands of a busy life.
Whether you are a pastor, a leader in business, a family member wanting to disciple your family well, or a person who simply wants to follow Jesus better, Journey Companions Rwanda is open to anyone wanting a deeper, richer and more joyous lifestyle of disciple-making.
What you'll experience through this two-year training process:
- Retreats that create space for God's voice and presence.
- Renew and shape your character by experiential practices.
- Learn patterns that will keep you vibrantly engaged without burning out.
- Engage with helpful planning and discipling tools for ministry and leadership.
- Discover community and mentorship through monthly videoconferences in-between the retreats.
- Acquire vision and experience for spiritual leadership in your setting.
- Six 4-day retreats over two years
- Walking with 15-20 leaders in community
- Teaching sessions on spiritual formation and leadership development led by experienced Journey Companions Rwanda and U.S.-based Faculty.
- Community sharing and discernment
- Extended silence and solitude
- Between retreat mentoring & practices
- Includes three nights, with private room/bath, and eight meals
- Please note: Retreat sessions delivered in English language
- Certificate of Spiritual Formation and Leadership (upon completion)
Journey Rwanda Faculty:
- Jean Paul Ndagijimana, Director of Journey Rwanda Companions
- Troy Walling, Executive Director & C.O.O. of The Leadership Institute
- Michael Rundlet, Chairman of Strategy Team of The Leadership Institute
- Samson Bugama, Associate Director of Journey Nigeria
- Craig Babb, Midwest Director of The Leadership Institute and Founder of Rhythm of Grace Ministries
- Other TLI Disciplilng Faculty may participate in future retreats
You can read the bios of the faculty here: https://spiritualleadership.com/about-us/our-staff-team/
Join the community of Journey Companions Rwanda today and learn a new way of living and leading!
RWF 100,000 signup cost, then RWF 25,000 per month for 20 months starting the second month. This covers the actual costs of the accomodations and meals of the retreats. This does not include travel costs to and from the retreats.
Your application to be considered is free. You will only be invoiced if you are accepted. Very limited scholarship funds may be available on a first come-first serve basis based on need.
Spouses may attend at a 25% discount.
Please don't delay. Cohort size is limited to just 20 people.
Generation 1 of Journey Companions Rwanda Now Forming! Please DO NOT DELAY in registering. Cohort size is limited to 20. After we reach 20 registrations, your name will be added to a waiting list.
All retreats held at Serenity Gardens in Kigali, Rwanda. Retreats begin at 3:00 p.m. check-in on Thursday and conclude at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday.