The Discipling Faculty Certification is built on the 30-year foundation of our successful spiritual formation and leadership development retreat process known simply as The Journey. This community-based training process is designed for Journey Alumni who desire to multiply the discipling Journey lifestyle in their own networks as part of our leadership team.
For nearly 30 years, The Journey has been creating space for leaders to be refreshed and hear God's voice anew. Now you can be a part of this vital, life-giving training as a member of our Certified Discipling Faculty.
When and Where: Retreats will be the same dates and location as The Journey.
Duration: One-year certification process over four retreats.
$1,000 sign up, then $250 per month for 12 months covering all food and lodging at the retreats, course mentoring, and in-between retreat videoconferences. The application process is free. You will only be invoiced if you are accepted.
You will learn...
- Why the retreats are structured in an intentional order and rhythm.
- Why we build space to hear from God and others into each retreat, and why this is foundational to any good personal discipling approach.
- Why we encourage community and free time.
- Additional details and training regarding our approach to the standardized curriculum.
- New discipling contexts from, and be mentored by, TLI Faculty.
- How to evaluate Journey teaching sessions and apply your own facilitator style.
- How to create a launch plan for developing a personal discipling lifestyle and ethos.
- How to create a launch plan for the Journey in your domain, if applicable.
- How to contextualize the Journey curriculum to your family and leadership contexts.
- New Journey teaching sessions and be provided ongoing Journey communication resources and tools.
- How to be part of a learning community in an ongoing Community of Practice for refreshment, encouragement and further learning, even after this training concludes.